Neutral Tandem And Tinet Integrate Networks; Creates The Largest Global Ethernet Exchange
CHICAGO, Nov. 3, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Neutral Tandem, Inc. (Nasdaq:TNDM), a leading provider of global interconnection services, announced today that it has connected its all-IP, MPLS network with Tinet's global Ethernet network. The integrated networks can carry voice, video and data traffic worldwide, while operating as the largest Ethernet Exchange in the world.
"This represents the first major milestone tied to our integration efforts with Tinet and significantly enhances the value proposition of our global Ethernet Exchange service offering," stated Surendra Saboo, President and Chief Operating Officer of Neutral Tandem. "By tying together our 14 sites in the US with Tinet's 99 Ethernet-enabled PoPs, Neutral Tandem now offers the most accessible and robust Ethernet Exchange in the world with over 100 locations spread across three continents."
With its unique networked approach, Neutral Tandem has shifted the market dynamics by interconnecting each one of its Exchange locations over its global IP MPLS network. With one connection to its Ethernet Exchange, customers can buy from and sell to every other member connected to any of its exchange Points of Presence (PoPs), whether in San Francisco, Singapore or any of its 100+ locations across the world. This solution enables service providers to easily discover and buy Ethernet services in markets outside their footprint. It also enables access providers to advertise their building lists to all service providers across Neutral Tandem's network.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV