Actuate Corporation (NASDAQ:BIRT), The people behind BIRT® and the
leading open source Business Intelligence
vendor, today reported that BIRT has now been downloaded over 10 million times, there are now over a million BIRT developers worldwide and in less than 4 years, Actuate has generated over $55 million in BIRT-related business.
Other BIRT related momentum for Q3 2010 includes:
- BIRT-related business of over $5.1 million,
- Over 50% increase in BIRT-related license business from first 9 months of FY09;
- Over 140 BIRT-related transactions bringing the total since beginning of 2008 to over 1,200;
- Over 32,000 total BIRT community registrations on BIRT Exchange to date;
- Contribution from Open Source BIRT users remains strong;
- Commercial downloads from BIRT Exchange continue to increase;
- The BIRT Exchange Marketplace now houses 77 applications, over half of which have been contributed by third parties;
- The general availability of BIRT onDemand was announced, good news for the over 1,000 beta participants.
“BIRT was established as an open source project at the end of 2004. Its adoption has been impressive with over 10 million downloads and over a million BIRT developers across the globe,” said Pete Cittadini, CEO and President, Actuate Corporation. “In the four years that Actuate has offered value added products for BIRT we have generated over $55 million in BIRT-related business and have cultivated a staggering mindshare for BIRT as the Business Intelligence and information application development technology of choice. With ActuateOne, BIRT onDemand, BIRT Mobile and the BIRT Exchange Marketplace all gaining traction, we’re poised for even greater success.”
To learn more about Actuate and BIRT visit:
Actuate – the people behind BIRT
Actuate founded and co-leads the Eclipse BIRT open source project. ActuateOne is a unified suite of products for rapidly developing and deploying BIRT-based custom
applications and information applications. Applications built with ActuateOne provide
one user experience
regardless of task or skill level; are supported by
for any deployment including cloud and are built with
one BIRT design
that can access and integrate any data source - including high volume print streams. ActuateOne adds rich
, including interactivity,
, and deployment options to web and mobile BIRT applications, helping organizations drive revenue through higher customer satisfaction and improved operational performance.
Actuate has over 4,600 customers globally in a diverse range of business areas including financial services and the public sector. Founded in 1993, Actuate is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices worldwide. Actuate is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol BIRT. For more information, visit the company’s web site at
or visit the BIRT community at
Copyright © 2010 Actuate Corporation. All rights reserved. Actuate and the Actuate logo are registered trademarks of Actuate Corporation and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries. All other brands, names or trademarks mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.