IBM provided software including design and simulation development tools, design processes, battery testing simulation software and electronic control systems. Robert LeBlanc, IBM senior vice president of middleware software, said the Volt has 100 electronic controllers, its own IP address and about 10 million lines of software code -- more than the Boeing (BA) 787, which has eight million lines of code.
"I like to call [the Volt] a rolling data center," LeBlanc said. At any given moment, a team of three to four dozen IBM workers were dedicating to adapting IBM software to the Volt.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV