Actuate Reports Third Quarter 2010 Financial Results
Actuate Corporation (NASDAQ: ACTU)(NASDAQ: BIRT), the people behind BIRT ® and the leading open source Business Intelligence vendor, today announced financial results for the third quarter of 2010.
Third Quarter Financial and Operational Highlights:
- Record non-GAAP revenue of $40.5 million, up 38% year-over-year;
- Q3 license revenues of $17.8 million, up 106% year-over-year;
- Record non-GAAP operating margins of 36%;
- Record non-GAAP diluted EPS of $0.23, up 156% year-over-year;
- Year-to-date operating cash flow of $19.0 million, up 63% year-over-year;
- Over $5.1 million in BIRT-related business for Q3; up 8% over the prior year, year-to-date BIRT-related license business up over 50%;
- Booked more than 140 BIRT-related transactions in Q3, bringing the total since beginning of 2008 to over 1,200;
- Q3 revenue included three transactions with a license component in excess of $1.0 million.
“We had a solid third quarter, with many positives to highlight across the business, including a positive resolution with IBM and continued BIRT momentum,” said Pete Cittadini, President and CEO of Actuate. “BIRT is recognized as a Leader in open source BI. There are now over one million BIRT developers worldwide and we passed the 10 million BIRT downloads mark.”
Tweet this: #Actuate ACTU Q3 License Rev +106% YOY; Non-GAAP Diluted EPS $0.23; #BIRT Downloads 10MM+Revenues as reported in accordance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) for the third quarter of 2010 were $39.8 million, compared with $29.4 million in the third quarter of 2009. License revenues for the third quarter of 2010 were $17.8 million, up 106% when compared with $8.6 million in the year-ago quarter. Included in the third quarter revenues is $11.0 million related to the favorable resolution of a software licensing dispute with IBM. Maintenance revenues for the quarter were $20.1 million, compared with $19.3 million reported in the same quarter last year. Professional services revenues for the third quarter of 2010 totaled $1.9 million, compared with $1.4 million in the third quarter of 2009. On a non-GAAP basis, total revenues for Q3 were $40.5 million. The difference between GAAP and non-GAAP revenue is approximately $0.7 million of maintenance revenue that was not able to be recognized due to the impact of purchase accounting on the acquired Xenos revenue contracts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV