NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Now that Republicans have a majority in the House of Representatives, they can begin the process of disappointing their Wall Street constituents as they face the difficult task of rolling back landmark legislation with President Obama still in the White House and the Democrats maintaining a slim majority in the Senate.
Goldman Sachs (GS) has been the second-largest contributor to the Republican Party during this election cycle and also ranks second in giving to the Republican National Committee and the National Republican Senatorial Committee, according to the most recent data available from OpenSecrets.org. Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) is also among the top 20 contributors to the GOP.
Other companies shooting for influence with Republicans include Deutsche Bank (DB) and WP Carey (WPC). The National Republican Senatorial Committee also scored large contributions from KKR (KKR), Blackstone (BX) and Citigroup (C).
Needless to say, these contributors will be expecting results from the new members of Congress, including attempts to roll back or vote against funding parts of the Affordable Health Care Act and the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.The following 10 GOP victors took seats Congressional seats from the Democrats, and most have plans for gutting President Obama's big victories during the first half of his term in office.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV