Dividend activity has picked up lately as companies begin to regain some sense of stability in the state of the economy, and visibility of future earnings growth. The iShares Dow Jones Select Dividend (DVY), an exchange-traded fund that tracks the Dow Jones U.S. Select Dividend Index, is up nearly 3% over the past month, and up 10% so far in 2010.
Cognex ( CGNX), maker of machine vision products, raised its dividend by 2 cents per share to 8 cents. It will be paid on Dec. 17 to shareholders of record on Dec. 3, bringing Cognex's yield to 1.2% on annualized basis.
Insurer Mercury General (MCY) boosted its quarterly payout by 1.7% to 60 cents per share. It will be paid on Dec. 30 to holders of record on Dec. 16. Mercury's new yield is 5.5%.H&Q Healthcare Investors (HQH), a diversified closed-end management investment company, said Monday it will increase the rate of its managed distribution policy to 2% of net assets on a quarterly basis, up from 1.25%. The new payment will be available Dec. 30 to shareholders of record on Nov. 22. Douglas Dynamics (PLOW), maker of snow plows and other snow- and ice-related equipment, announced a 10% increase to its planned fourth-quarter dividend. The 1.75-cent per share increase brings the payout to 20 cents, available to shareholders sometime in December. Shopping mall owner and real estate investment trustSimon Property Group said Monday it raised its quarterly dividend by 33% to 80 cents per share. The new payout will be available Nov. 30 to shareholders of record on Nov. 16. Simon Property's current yield is 3.3%. >>11 REIT Earnings: Behind the Numbers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV