The industry’s current market drivers, including supply and demand, investment in infrastructure, environmental and local regulation, and advancements in water-related technologies will be covered at the New York Society of Security Analysts’ popular 14th Annual Water Utilities Conference on December 1, 2010. The conference showcases nine leading water utility companies whose executives will discuss what’s next for their businesses.
Water industry experts Debra Coy of Svanda & Coy Consulting and Heike Dorr of Janney Montgomery Scott LLC will give an outlook for the industry. Increases in global water demand, combined with escalating supply challenges, will continue to drive the need for improved water utility, infrastructure, and technology solutions for the foreseeable future according to industry analysts.
Investing in water stocks has long been a defensive play during unpredictable markets. Water utilities companies in particular have consistently returned strong dividends, currently 50% higher than the S&P 500 on average. The Janney Water Works Index, which includes 30 water utility stocks, was up approximately 5% over the prior year at the end of the third quarter.
The presenting companies include:
- American States Water Company (NYSE: AWR)
- Aqua America (NYSE: WTR)
- Artesian Resources Corporation (NASDAQ: ARTNA)
- California Water Service Group (NYSE: CWT)
- Connecticut Water Service, Inc. (NASDAQ: CTWS)
- Consolidated Water Co. Ltd. (NASDAQ: CWCO)
- Middlesex Water Company (NASDAQ: MSEX)
- Pure Cycle Corporation (NASDAQ: PCYO)
- The York Water Company (NASDAQ: YORW)