Water Utility Insiders Present At NYSSA Conference
The industry’s current market drivers, including supply and demand, investment in infrastructure, environmental and local regulation, and advancements in water-related technologies will be covered at the New York Society of Security Analysts’ popular 14th Annual Water Utilities Conference on December 1, 2010. The conference showcases nine leading water utility companies whose executives will discuss what’s next for their businesses.
Water industry experts Debra Coy of Svanda & Coy Consulting and Heike Dorr of Janney Montgomery Scott LLC will give an outlook for the industry. Increases in global water demand, combined with escalating supply challenges, will continue to drive the need for improved water utility, infrastructure, and technology solutions for the foreseeable future according to industry analysts.
Investing in water stocks has long been a defensive play during unpredictable markets. Water utilities companies in particular have consistently returned strong dividends, currently 50% higher than the S&P 500 on average. The Janney Water Works Index, which includes 30 water utility stocks, was up approximately 5% over the prior year at the end of the third quarter.
The presenting companies include:
- American States Water Company (NYSE: AWR)
- Aqua America (NYSE: WTR)
- Artesian Resources Corporation (NASDAQ: ARTNA)
- California Water Service Group (NYSE: CWT)
- Connecticut Water Service, Inc. (NASDAQ: CTWS)
- Consolidated Water Co. Ltd. (NASDAQ: CWCO)
- Middlesex Water Company (NASDAQ: MSEX)
- Pure Cycle Corporation (NASDAQ: PCYO)
- The York Water Company (NASDAQ: YORW)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV