Golconda Capital Management Announces Nomination Of Director Candidates To The American Pacific Corp. Board Of Directors
DALLAS, Nov. 2, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Golconda Capital Management, LLC today announced the nomination of director candidates to the American Pacific Corporation (Nasdaq: APFC) Board of Directors. In addition, Golconda has called on the Company's board of directors to make several corporate governance changes.
Bill Summitt, the Managing Member of Golconda, issued the following statement:
"We believe the Golconda nominees offer American Pacific a depth and breadth of knowledge and experience that will be of great value to its stockholders as the Company works to return to profitability and to provide a fair return on invested capital. We are concerned that the incumbent Board of Directors and management has not demonstrated an appropriate sense of urgency in reducing expenses – both SG&A and production costs. The cost to stockholders of this lack of urgency has been compounded by the Company's poor corporate governance practices."
In addition to the nomination of director candidates, Golconda has also advocated for various stockholder-friendly corporate governance changes. In correspondence to the Chairman of American Pacific dated August 17 and September 10, 2010, Golconda urged the Company's board to make the following corporate governance changes as soon as administratively possible:
- Change vote requirement to elect directors from 80% to a plurality vote standard for contested elections and a majority vote standard for uncontested elections;
- Eliminate the poison pill and adopt a policy to require stockholder approval for future poison pills;
- Declassify the Board of Directors so that the entire board stands for election each year, and
- Change the advance notice requirements so that director nominations and stockholder proposals can be made closer to the annual meeting date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV