Chesapeake Energy (CHK)
Headquartered in Oklahoma City, Chesapeake Energy is the second-largest producer of natural gas and the most active driller of new wells in U.S.
Recently, the company sold a 33.3% interest in its company's Eagle Ford Shale project in South Texas to China's CNOOC for $1.08 billion cash. Early this year, as a leader in the shale gas technology, Chesapeake struck a similar deal with Total.
The company plans to fund its capital expenditure through these joint ventures in the shale gas space. In the most recent outlook, dated Oct. 12, the company anticipates production increases of 12%-14% for 2010, 16-20% for 2011 and 9-15% for 2012. Production growth will likely remain well above the industry average on continued robust output from the shale gas drilling.The stock is trading at an attractive P/E multiple of 7.4. In comparison, Cenovus Energy (CVE) has a P/E of 22.1, EnCana (ECA) has a P/E of 23.2 and Talisman Energy (TLM) has a P/E of 27.3.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV