Eni S.p.A. (E)
Eni is an Italian oil and natural gas company, with operations spread across Italy, Africa, the North Sea, the Gulf of Mexico, Kazakhstan and Australia. The company generates and trades electricity, refines oil and operates gasoline service stations.
Eni's strong presence in North Africa and the Middle East is likely to result in growth, according to Zacks Investment Research. Moreover, additional production is expected from acquired properties in the Gulf of Mexico and Congo as well as the buildup of gas production in Libya. The company's long-term fundamentals remain robust on the initiatives to expand and improve exploration and production activities.
For the first nine months of 2010, net profit zoomed 39%, despite challenging conditions in the gas market. For the full year, EPS is estimated at $1.90, and for 2011, it's estimated at $2.11, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. In 2009, EPS was $1.15.The stock is trading at an attractive forward P/E of 8.8. In comparison, Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.A) has a P/E of 10.7, while Tenaris (TS) has a P/E of 17.2 and Statoil (STO) has a P/E of 20.7.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV