GT Solar (SOLR)
GT Solar is a supplier of polysilicon production equipment, and sapphire and silicon crystalline growth systems for the solar, LED and other specialty markets.
For the quarter ended July 3, GT Solar's results were ahead of analysts' expectations because of strong order momentum and backlog. "This continued high level of demand and improving solar industry fundamentals provide the foundation for us to increase our expectations for the balance of the fiscal year," said Tom Gutierrez, the company's CEO.
The company has raised its 2011 guidance for revenue, gross margin and earnings. It's anticipated to report earnings of 23 cents per share for the second quarter of fiscal 2011, compared vs. 6 cents a share in the year-ago period, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg.Of the 14 analysts covering the stock, 10 have buy recommendations and four have sell recommendations. The stock has gained 61.1% since June 2009, yet it still trades at an attractive forward P/E of 8.9, vs. 18.1 for First Solar (FSLR), 10.8 for Yingli Green Energy (YGE) and 10.5 for LDK Solar (LDK).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV