First Financial Holdings, Inc. Announces Declaration Of Dividend
CHARLESTON, S.C., Nov. 1, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- First Financial Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq:FFCH) announced today that its Board of Directors has declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of 5 cents per share. The dividend is payable November 26, 2010, to stockholders of record as of November 12, 2010.
Commenting on the announcement, R. Wayne Hall, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "We recognize the importance of the dividend to our shareholders. Each quarter, our board of directors carefully evaluates the level of our dividend. Given the continuing need to preserve capital through an economic recovery, we believe this modest dividend is appropriate at this time."
First Federal operates 66 financial centers located in the Charleston metropolitan area, Horry, Georgetown, Florence and Beaufort counties in South Carolina and Brunswick, New Hanover and Pender counties in coastal North Carolina offering banking, trust and pension administration services. The Company also provides insurance and brokerage services through First Southeast Insurance Services, The Kimbrell Insurance Group and First Southeast Investor Services.For additional information about First Financial, please visit our web site at www.firstfinancialholdings.com .
CONTACT: First Financial Holdings, Inc. Dorothy B. Wright, Senior Vice President/ Investor Relations and Corporate Secretary (843) 529.5931 (843) 729.7005 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV