Altra Holdings Reports 23% Year-Over-Year Sales Increase In Third Quarter 2010
- Gross margins increase 270 BPS to 30% and operating margins grow 450 BPS to 10.5%;
- Diluted EPS Grows to $0.25 from $0.02 in the prior year quarter;
- Company raises top- and bottom-line guidance for 2010;
- Distribution channel and other early-cycle markets drive demand;
- Late-cycle markets continue to show improvement
BRAINTREE, Mass., Nov. 1, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Altra Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq:AIMC), a leading global supplier of clutch brakes, couplings, gearing, belted drives and power transmission components, today announced unaudited financial results for the third quarter ended October 2, 2010.
- Third-quarter net sales increased 23% to $128.9 million compared with the prior-year third quarter.
- Third-quarter net income was $0.25 per diluted share compared with $0.02 per diluted share in the prior-year period. Non-GAAP adjusted earnings per diluted share were $0.26 for the third quarter of 2010 compared with $0.06 in the prior year.*
- Gross profit margin increased 270 basis points to 30.0% from the third quarter of 2009.
- Income from operations increased 450 basis points to 10.5% of sales from the third quarter of 2009. Non-GAAP adjusted income from operations increased 400 basis points to 10.9% of sales year-over-year.*
- Company raises sales and Non-GAAP adjusted earnings per share guidance on continued early-cycle demand strength, improving late-cycle outlook and strong earnings leverage.
Management Comments"We were very pleased with the excellent results we were able to achieve in what is usually a seasonally slow quarter," said Carl Christenson, President and CEO. "We grew sales 23% over the prior year and reported a 333% increase in non-GAAP adjusted diluted EPS to $0.26. Strong sales from our early-cycle end markets, coupled with increasing demand from our late-cycle markets drove the year-over-year revenue growth. We believe that our sales growth continues to be the result of real end-user demand as our distribution order rate remains healthy and distributors are not building a significant level of inventory. Altra's 94% year-over-year increase in non-GAAP adjusted income from operations demonstrates the leverage we have gained as a result of our permanent cost reductions and productivity initiatives."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV