LookSmart Reports Third Quarter 2010 Results
Non-GAAP net income (net income before discontinued operations and excluding stock based compensation) for the third quarter of 2010 was $0.9 million compared to a non-GAAP net loss of $1.7 million in the third quarter of 2009. Non-GAAP net income for the second quarter of 2010 was $0.7 million.
An explanation of LookSmart's use of non-GAAP financial measures, including the limitations of such measures relative to GAAP measures and reconciliation between GAAP and non-GAAP measures where appropriate, is included later in this release.
Capital expenditures, including capitalization of internally developed software, in the third quarter of 2010 were $0.2 million, compared to $0.6 million in the third quarter of 2009, and $0.3 million in the second quarter of 2010. Depreciation and amortization from continuing operations in the third quarter of 2010 was $0.7 million, compared to $0.7 million in the third quarter of 2009 and $0.8 million in the second quarter 2010.
The Company ended the quarter with $26.8 million in cash, cash equivalents, and investments, a decrease of $0.9 million from $27.7 million at December 31, 2009 and an increase of $1.3 million from $25.5 million at June 30, 2010. This sequential increase is primarily related to our positive operating results for the quarter. Net cash provided by operating activities for the three months ended September 30, 2010 was approximately $1.8 million.Q3 2010 Key Metrics Performance
- Total paid clicks for the third quarter of 2010 were 175 million, compared to 219 million for the third quarter of 2009 and 190 million for the second quarter of 2010.
- Average Advertising Network revenue per click (RPC) for the third quarter of 2010 was $0.059, an increase from $0.054 in the third quarter of 2009 and a decrease from $0.064 in the second quarter of 2010.
- Traffic acquisition costs (TAC) for LookSmart's Ad Network decreased to 56.9% from 68.8% in the third quarter of 2009 and 58.1% in the second quarter of 2010.
|Three Months Ended|
|(000's)||September 30, 2010 (unaudited)||June 30, 2010 (unaudited)||September 30, 2009 (unaudited)|
|GAAP net income (loss)||$ 718||$ 652||$ (1,941)|
|Add: Stock based compensation from continuing operations||222||163||359|
|Subtract: Income from discontinued operations||(89)||(85)||(132)|
|Non-GAAP net income (loss)||$ 851||$ 730||$ (1,714)|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV