(Updated with analyst commentary and additional background information.)
"It increased guidance," noted Sandler O'Neill analyst Alexander Goldfarb. "We saw a very hefty growth of the dividend, which is constant with Simon, a very good, well-oiled machine."
Simon Property's improved performance was due in part to a 10.6% year-over-year increase in sales by the REIT's mall tenants.Mall-owning REIT peers General Growth Properties (GGP) and Taubman Centers (TCO) also recently reported that its shopping center tenants enjoyed double-digit sales gains in the recent quarter. >>11 REIT Earnings: Behind the Numbers Real estate investment trust Simon Property raised its quarterly dividend by 33% to 80 cents per share. The new payout will be available Nov. 30 to shareholders of record on Nov. 16. The mall owner updated its guidance for 2010 and now expects to post full-year adjusted funds from operations in a range of $5.90 to $5.95 per share, increasing the high end of its prior estimate by 8 cents per share. Funds from operations, or FFO, is a performance figure generally used by REITs to define cash flow from operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV