Ryanair earned €330.3 million ($461.5 million) in the second quarter vs. €250.5 million a year earlier. Revenue rose to €1.28 billion from €992.1 million.
Ryanair said full-year net profit will exceed the upper end of its previous forecast range and will finish at €380 million to €400 million. It previously expected profit of €350m to €375m.
Ryanair said its outlook for rest of the fiscal year "remains cautious as we have little visibility" on fourth-quarter yields. But it did say it anticipates its full-year yield increase to be close to 10%.Ryanair said average fares increased by 12% for the first six months of its fiscal year. Traffic jumped 10%. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV