In its press release, Callidus forecast revenue of between $18 million and $19 million for its fiscal fourth quarter ending Dec. 31 and said GAAP operating expenses were expected to run between $9.9 million and $10.9 million for the period vs. $10 million in the third quarter.
Wedbush hinted that Callidus shares might be poised for a breakout once some of the execution risk subsides around the company's ongoing shift to a software-as-a-service model and away from concentrating on licenses, and it's able to deliver earnings on a regular basis.
"Our $7 target represents an EV/2011E Sales multiple of ~2.5x which is still well below other pure-play small-cap subscription vendor stocks with more consistent operating performance," the firm said, explaining that this is reflective of not only the business model transition but the current overall economic environment.
And yet, with the latest quarter's success coming sooner than expected, the firm thought so could a higher valuation."[W]e envision that the multiple investors are willing to pay could increase as the company continues to generate positive revenue and EPS growth," Wedbush said. --Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV