Several Nuveen Closed-End Funds Announce Actions Regarding MuniFund Term Preferred Shares
Nuveen Investments, a leading global provider of investment services to institutions and high-net-worth investors, today announced that the Nuveen Pennsylvania Dividend Advantage Municipal Fund 2 (AMEX: NVY) and Nuveen Texas Quality Income Municipal Fund (NYSE: NTX) have successfully completed the public offering of $23.7 million and $66.42 million respectively, of MuniFund Term Preferred Shares (MTP). The net proceeds from these offerings of MTP shares will be used to refinance all of the funds’ outstanding auction-rate preferred securities (ARPS). MTP shares are expected to trade on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) within 30 days of original issuance under the symbols NVY PrC and NTX PrC respectively .
Additionally, NVY has called for redemption at par all of its outstanding auction-rate preferred securities. This redemption will be funded by the above-mentioned proceeds received from the issuance of MTP.
NVY is redeeming all of its $23.0 million of currently outstanding ARPS.
Total Shares Redeemed
Total Amount Redeemed
|M||67071W201||920||$23,000,000||November 19, 2010|
Also, the MTP shares of two closed-end funds, Nuveen New Jersey Dividend Advantage Municipal Fund 2 (AMEX: NUJ) and Nuveen Pennsylvania Dividend Advantage Municipal Fund (AMEX: NXM) began trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) on Thursday, October 28, 2010.MTP is a fixed rate form of preferred stock with a mandatory redemption period, in the case of these two offerings, of five years. By issuing MTP, the funds seeks to take advantage of the current historically low interest rate environment to lock in an attractive tax-exempt cost of leverage for a period as long as the term of the MTP. Issuing MTP helps the funds mitigate the risk of a significant increase in the cost of leverage should short-term interest rates rise.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV