Lake Shore Bancorp Net Income Up 29% For Third Quarter 2010
Lake Shore Bancorp, Inc. (the “Company”) (NASDAQ Global Market: LSBK), the holding company for Lake Shore Savings Bank (the “Bank”), announced net income of $778,000, or $0.13 per diluted share, for the third quarter of 2010, up 29% compared to net income of $602,000, or $0.10 per diluted share, for the third quarter of 2009. Net income for the nine months ended September 30, 2010 was $2.15 million, or $0.37 per diluted share, an increase of 58% compared to net income of $1.36 million, or $0.23 per diluted share, for the first nine months of 2009. Third quarter and nine month ended 2010 net income was positively affected by a $399,000 tax benefit resulting from a change to New York State tax law.
Performance Summary at and for the period ended September 30, 2010:
- Net interest income increased 13.6% for the third quarter of 2010 compared to the prior year quarter;
- Net interest income increased 18.5% year-to-date compared to 2009;
- Net interest margin increased 6 basis points for the third quarter of 2010 compared to the third quarter 2009, and increased 28 basis points year-to-date compared to 2009;
- The Company had $1.1 million of gains on the sale of investments for the quarter and nine months ended;
- Nonperforming loans to total loans were 0.91% at quarter end;
- Total deposits increased 14.3%, to $363.8 million, from December 31, 2009; and
- The Company had provision for loan losses of $1.7 million for the quarter and $2.0 million for the nine months.
“Our 2010 results are solid with nine-month net income up 58%, reflecting net interest income growth of $1.6 million, and a $1.1 million net gain on the sale of investments,” said David C. Mancuso, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Our deposit generation remained strong as we added over $16 million in deposits during the quarter, an annualized growth rate of more than 18%.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV