BOSTON, Mass. (TheStreet) -- A calendar of important, potentially stock-moving biotech events for November:
Oct. 29 - Nov. 2:
The American Association for the Study of Liver Disease annual meeting. Hepatitis C drug research from Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX), Merck (MRK), Gilead Sciences (GILD), Idenix Pharmaceuticals (IDIX), Pharmasset (VRUS), Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) and others.
Nov. 2-6American Society for Human Genetics annual meeting. Nov. 3 Dendreon (DNDN) reports third-quarter financial results. Nov. 4 FDA drug approval decision for Cadence Pharmaceuticals' (CADX) Ofirmev for fever and pain indications. Nov. 7-11 American College of Rheumatology annual meeting. Nov. 9 Vical (VICL) investor/analyst day. Nov. 9-13 Chemotherapy Foundation meeting. (Cancer drug research) Nov. 12 Human Genome Sciences (HGSI): Release expected of FDA's briefing documents on the lupus drug Benlysta in advance of the Nov. 16 advisory panel meeting. Nov. 13 American Heart Association annual meeting. Nov. 16 FDA advisory panel meeting for Human Genome Sciences' lupus drug Benlysta. MELA Sciences (MELA): Release expected of FDA's briefing documents on the MELAFind skin cancer detection device in advance of the Nov. 18 advisory panel meeting. Nov. 16-19 EORTC-NCI-AACR International Symposium on Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics. Nov. 17 Medicaid/Medicare reimbursement review meeting for Dendreon's Provenge. Nov. 18 FDA advisory panel meeting for MELA Sciences' MELAFind. FDA approval decision date for Amgen's (AMGN) Prolia to treat bone complications due to cancer therapy. --Written by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV