Cytokinetics CEO Discusses Q3 2010 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
Also during the last quarter we announced that Amgen and Cytokinetics have reprioritized the order of planned clinical trials to relating to omecamtiv mecarbil, our novel cardiac myosin activator under joint development for the potential treatment of heart failure.
Together with our partner Amgen, we now plan to initiate a Phase IIb clinical trial of an intravenous formulation of omecamtiv mecarbil in hospitalized patients with acutely decompensated heart failure prior to initiating further clinical trials on oral formulations of omecamtiv mecarbil. This plan which is subject to a further discussions with regulatory authorities is intended to align feedback received from regulatory authorities and is designed to provide a larger placebo controlled experience with omecamtiv mecarbil prior to preceding to clinical trials of oral formulations over omecamtiv mecarbil in outpatients.
I would now like to turn the call over to Andy to elaborate on specific clinical progress achieved during the last quarter in our respective drug development programs and also to provide some insights into our plans for the future.
Andrew WolffThank you, Robert. As Robert just indicated, during the quarter our clinical team was highly involved with multiple activities related to our ongoing and planned clinical trials. We continue to in our rotations in our two ongoing Phase IIa Evidence of Effect clinical trial. The most advanced of which is our trial on patients with ALS. To remind you, the primary objective of this early Phase IIa hypothesis generating trial is to evaluate the pharmacodynamic effects of CK-357 on multiple measures of skeletal muscle function or fatigability in patients with ALS at single dozes of each of 250 and 500 milligrams without specifying a single primary endpoint. Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV