Updated with added information about Oplink's results.
The San Jose, Calif.-based Oclaro is a smaller player but the depth of its miss in its fiscal first-quarter ended Sept. 30 as well as its below-consensus outlook for the December period still took a heavy toll on the group.
In addition to Oclaro's plus-37% drop, JDS Uniphase (JDSU), which was downgraded by RBC Capital, fell 11.4% to close at $10.24; Finisar (FNSR) lost 6.5% to $16.86; Ciena (CIEN) fell 3.1% to $13.32; and Oplink Communications (OPLK), which was downgraded along with Oclaro by BWS Financial, tumbled 15.2% to $15.25."Overall demand drivers remain, yet we believe the overall trend of book-to-bill in this
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV