SAN DIEGO, Oct. 28, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MediciNova Inc, a biopharmaceutical company publicly traded on the Nasdaq Global Market (Nasdaq:MNOV) and the Jasdaq Market of the Osaka Securities Exchange (Code Number: 4875), announced today that its intravenous beta-agonist MN-221 program has seven poster presentations scheduled during the Annual Meeting of the American College of Chest Physicians in Vancouver, Canada. The presentations are related to MediciNova's development of MN-221 for potential utility in acute exacerbations of asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
After each poster presentation has been shared at the CHEST meeting, MediciNova will post links to the individual posters on its website at www.medicinova.com .
The poster presentations and dates/times are as follows:Tuesday, November 2 nd from 12:45pm – 2:00pm (PDT):
- MN-221-CL-005: Comparison of Administration Rates of MN-221 (bedoradrine), a Novel, Highly Selective Beta2 Receptor Agonist in Patients with Stable Moderate to Severe Asthma (Poster #143)
- MN-221-CL-006: Reduced Hospital Admission and Improved Pulmonary Function Following Intravenous MN-221 (bedoradrine), a Novel Highly Selective Beta2-Adrenergic Receptor Agonist, Adjunctive to Standard of Care in Severe Acute Exacerbation of Asthma (Poster #144)
- MN-221-CL-004: Evaluation of MN-221 (bedoradrine), a novel, highly selective beta2-adrenergic receptor agonist in mild to moderate asthma via intravenous infusion (Poster #145)
- Pharmacokinetic (PK) and Pharmacodynamic (PD) Modeling and Simulation Support the Novelty of MN-221, a Highly-Selective Beta2-Adrenergic Agonist for Treatment of Acute Asthma (Poster #146)
- MN-221 FY08-065: Cardiovascular Effects of i.v. MN-221 (bedoradrine) Administered with nebulized Albuterol in Dogs (Poster #147)
- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of MN‑221, a Novel Highly-Selective Beta2-Adrenergic Agonist for Treatment of Acute Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (Poster #685)
- MN-221-CL-010: Intravenous MN-221, a Novel, Highly Selective Beta2 Adrenergic Receptor Agonist, Improves Lung Function in Stable Moderate to Severe Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Patients (Poster #686)