SAN DIEGO, Oct. 28, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MediciNova Inc, a biopharmaceutical company publicly traded on the Nasdaq Global Market (Nasdaq:MNOV) and the Jasdaq Market of the Osaka Securities Exchange (Code Number: 4875), announced today that its intravenous beta-agonist MN-221 program has seven poster presentations scheduled during the Annual Meeting of the American College of Chest Physicians in Vancouver, Canada. The presentations are related to MediciNova's development of MN-221 for potential utility in acute exacerbations of asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- MN-221-CL-005: Comparison of Administration Rates of MN-221 (bedoradrine), a Novel, Highly Selective Beta2 Receptor Agonist in Patients with Stable Moderate to Severe Asthma (Poster #143)
- MN-221-CL-006: Reduced Hospital Admission and Improved Pulmonary Function Following Intravenous MN-221 (bedoradrine), a Novel Highly Selective Beta2-Adrenergic Receptor Agonist, Adjunctive to Standard of Care in Severe Acute Exacerbation of Asthma (Poster #144)
- MN-221-CL-004: Evaluation of MN-221 (bedoradrine), a novel, highly selective beta2-adrenergic receptor agonist in mild to moderate asthma via intravenous infusion (Poster #145)
- Pharmacokinetic (PK) and Pharmacodynamic (PD) Modeling and Simulation Support the Novelty of MN-221, a Highly-Selective Beta2-Adrenergic Agonist for Treatment of Acute Asthma (Poster #146)
- MN-221 FY08-065: Cardiovascular Effects of i.v. MN-221 (bedoradrine) Administered with nebulized Albuterol in Dogs (Poster #147)
- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of MN‑221, a Novel Highly-Selective Beta2-Adrenergic Agonist for Treatment of Acute Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (Poster #685)
- MN-221-CL-010: Intravenous MN-221, a Novel, Highly Selective Beta2 Adrenergic Receptor Agonist, Improves Lung Function in Stable Moderate to Severe Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Patients (Poster #686)