1. Augusta Resource (AZC) is engaged in the acquisition, exploration and development of natural mineral resource properties and has a price-to-book ratio of 4.03, as compared to 8.4 recorded by a Canada-based mineral exploration company Duluth Metals. The company is developing the Rosemont copper property, which has an estimated reserve of 560 million tons scheduled to be developed from 2012.
Recently a Korean consortium including LG International agreed to invest $176 million in Augusta's Rosemont project for a 20% joint venture interest in the project. Besides, the consortium has also agreed to buy 30% of the copper concentrate and 20% of copper cathode and molybdenum concentrates produced annually at Rosemont.
Augusta has a payback of 2, which is lower than peers like Hudbay, with a payback of 3.2, while the leverage is 9.7 times, much higher than Hudbay's leverage of 6.8. In a scenario where metal prices are assumed at current levels, Augusta is estimated to gain 278%, and when the prices move 30% higher or lower, the stock is likely to gain 121% or 436%, respectively.The company has a capital expenditure of $897 million, which is very low as compared to the production of 220 million pounds of copper per year. The Rosemont project is likely to be the third-largest copper mine in the U.S.. Augusta has a cash cost of $0.62 per pound.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV