Twitter: The New Way to Invest
Twitter isn't just for posting random thoughts no one cares about. You may be able to use it to make some money as well.
According to a study released this month from Indiana University, it is actually possible to use Twitter to determine the public mood, which in turn can help predict the ebb and flow of the stock market.
The researchers analyzed nearly 10 million tweets from 2.7 million users over 10 months and found the ups and downs in public mood could be used to predict the daily ups and downs in the stock market with an incredible 87.6% accuracy.
|A study shows Twitter can be used to determine the public mood, which can help predict the ebb and flow of the stock market.|
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV