NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- An analysis of highly-rated large and mid-cap investment companies by TheStreet Ratings highlights some solid picks - including two dividend plays -- among a group that is not universally loved by analysts.
The following 12 U.S. investment companies have market capitalizations of at least $1 billion and are rated B-minus (Buy) or higher by TheStreet Ratings. Most have grown their revenue over the past year, in-line with the overall market recovery. The group is in ascending order and by upside potential based on the median price target among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters.
12. Ares Capital
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV