Like several recent evaluations -- including J.D. Power's
Consumer Reports notes that "a large share of GM's models are now rated average or better" and that "while some GM nameplates had been among the bottom brands in past years, they now rank above some major European competitors."
Meanwhile, "Ford continues to be the most reliable American automaker" and " Chrysler remained the lowest-ranked manufacturer in our survey." Only one vehicle, the Dodge Ram 1500, deemed worthy of a recommendation.Among foreign manufacturers, "the major Asian brands are still doing well overall," the magazine said. Also, "while European reliability had shown improvement in recent years, momentum seems to have stalled." The study is based on an annual survey of subscribers to Consumer Reports and Consumer Reports.org. Read on for the top four most reliable cars.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV