Pacific Mercantile Bancorp Reports Improved Results For The Third Quarter Of 2010
COSTA MESA, Calif., Oct. 27, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pacific Mercantile Bancorp (Nasdaq:PMBC) today reported its results of operations for the third quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2010.
During the three months ended September 30, 2010, Pacific Mercantile Bancorp ("Company") achieved the following improvements in our results of operations:
- Net interest income increased by $2.5 million, or 47%, to $7.9 million from $5.4 million in the three months ended September 30, 2009.
- We were able to reduce the provision we made for loan losses by $2.1 million, or 56%, to $1.7 million from nearly $3.8 million for the same three months of 2009, due primarily to a decline in net loan charge-offs.
- Accordingly, our net interest income, after the provision for loan losses, increased by $4.6 million, or 291%, to $6.2 million from $1.6 million in the same three months of 2009.
- Our non-interest income increased by $817,000, or 55%, to $2.3 million from $1.5 million in the three months ended September 30, 2009, due primarily to an increase in our mortgage banking revenues and, to a lesser extent, an increase in gains on sales of securities.
- We reduced our non-interest expense by $864,000, or 9.1%, to $8.6 million from $9.5 million in the same three months of 2009, due primarily to decreases in compensation expense and in other real estate owned ("OREO") expense, which more than offset a $573,000, or 83.9% increase in FDIC deposit insurance premiums.
- Our efficiency ratio improved to 84.7%, from 139% in the same three months of 2009, due to the combination of the increases in our revenues and the reduction in our non-interest expense.
- Due to the above described improvements, we reduced our net loss by $3.8 million, or 97%, to $125,000, or $0.04 per diluted common share, from $3.9 million, or $0.37 per diluted common share, in the same three months of 2009.
- Additionally, Pacific Mercantile Bank, our wholly owned banking subsidiary, generated a net profit of $123,000 in the third quarter ended September 30, 2010, as the net loss for the quarter was attributable to the operations of the Company on a stand-alone basis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV