A.T. Cross Company Delivers Strong Third Quarter Results
- Third Quarter Sales Increased 11.8%
- Third Quarter EPS of $0.13 vs. $0.06 in Q3 2009
- Both Optical and Accessory Segments Grew Revenue and Profits
- Company Repurchased 1.4 Million Shares for $5.7 Million
LINCOLN, R.I., Oct. 27, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- A.T. Cross Company (Nasdaq:ATX) today announced financial results for the third quarter ended October 2, 2010.
David G. Whalen, President and Chief Executive Officer of A.T. Cross said, "We are very pleased with our third quarter and year to date performance. In both periods, our business grew by nearly 12% and our bottom line improved significantly. The Cross Optical Group continued its exceptional 2010 performance delivering year to date revenue growth of 18% and operating income growth of nearly 30%. We are excited by the market share gains the sunglass business is achieving and believe that its opportunities and growth prospects are numerous. In the Cross Accessory Division, we continued to see top line growth in every region of the world. As a result of the work done in 2009 to improve our cost structure, growth in the Accessory Division's operating income exceeded revenue growth in both percentage and absolute terms."
Third Quarter 2010 ResultsConsolidated sales for the third quarter of 2010 increased by 11.8% to $38.2 million compared to $34.1 million in the third quarter of 2009. The Cross Accessory Division (CAD) recorded revenue of $23.1 million, an increase of 8.7% compared to last year. The Cross Optical Group (COG) reported a third quarter sales increase of 16.9%, to $15.1 million. The Optical Group's revenue growth was driven by growth of both the Costa and Native brands. Gross margin in the quarter was 54.4% compared to 52.6% in last year's third quarter. Both segments improved their gross margin with the COG expanding 310 basis points.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV