2. Main Street Capital (MAIN) is a business-development company, investing in small and middle-market companies. Its second-quarter distributable net investment income surged 131% to $5 million, or 33 cents a share. Revenue more than doubled to $8.7 million. The operating margin contracted from 81% to 78%. Main Street pays a quarterly dividend of 38 cents, translating to an annual yield of 9.1%. It carries $4.7 million of cash and $139 million of debt on its balance sheet. The stock has delivered three-year annualized gains of 3.8%. It is flat in 2010.
10 Dividend Stocks With Yields Up to 10%
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.