2. Main Street Capital (MAIN) is a business-development company, investing in small and middle-market companies. Its second-quarter distributable net investment income surged 131% to $5 million, or 33 cents a share. Revenue more than doubled to $8.7 million. The operating margin contracted from 81% to 78%. Main Street pays a quarterly dividend of 38 cents, translating to an annual yield of 9.1%. It carries $4.7 million of cash and $139 million of debt on its balance sheet. The stock has delivered three-year annualized gains of 3.8%. It is flat in 2010.
10 Dividend Stocks With Yields Up to 10%
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.