6. CenturyLink (CTL - Get Report) is an integrated telecommunications company, formed through the merger of CenturyTel and Embarq. The company is currently attempting to merge with Qwest (Q). It is scheduled to release third-quarter results Nov. 3. Second-quarter net income more than tripled to $239 million, but earnings per share climbed a more modest 16% to 79 cents due to a larger float. CenturyLink pays a quarterly dividend of 73 cents, equaling an annual yield of 7.1%, with a payout ratio near 100%. It has rallied 12% in 2010 and 24% in 12 months.
10 Dividend Stocks With Yields Up to 10%
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.