6. CenturyLink (CTL - Get Report) is an integrated telecommunications company, formed through the merger of CenturyTel and Embarq. The company is currently attempting to merge with Qwest (Q). It is scheduled to release third-quarter results Nov. 3. Second-quarter net income more than tripled to $239 million, but earnings per share climbed a more modest 16% to 79 cents due to a larger float. CenturyLink pays a quarterly dividend of 73 cents, equaling an annual yield of 7.1%, with a payout ratio near 100%. It has rallied 12% in 2010 and 24% in 12 months.
10 Dividend Stocks With Yields Up to 10%
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.