For instance, IYT's index dedicates nearly three-quarters of its index to companies in the delivery, railroad and trucking industries. Airlines and marine transportation companies each represent 8% slices.
The transportation industry will benefit as healing economies cautiously increase their exposure to the global marketplace and consumers increase demand for goods and services.
Strength, however, will not likely be uniform across all aspects of the industry. While investors can attempt to pick and choose which slices of this sector will outperform, a more beneficial option may be to grab exposure to the whole.
Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV