Universal Stainless Reports Strong 2010 Third Quarter Results
EPS is $0.60 on Sales of $51.9 Million Cash Flow From Operations in 3Q10 is $8.8 Million Backlog is up 27% to $59 Million From End of 2Q10
BRIDGEVILLE, Pa., Oct. 27, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Universal Stainless & Alloy Products, Inc. (Nasdaq:USAP) reported today that sales for the third quarter of 2010 were $51.9 million compared with $25.3 million in the third quarter of 2009 and $51.3 million in the 2010 second quarter.
Net income for the third quarter of 2010 was $4.1 million, or $0.60 per diluted share, compared with $0.3 million, or $0.05 per diluted share, for the third quarter of 2009, and $4.2 million, or $0.61 per diluted share, for the second quarter of 2010.The Company recorded positive cash flow from operations of $8.8 million in the third quarter of 2010 compared with $10.5 million in the third quarter of 2009. Cash flow from operations in 2010 totaled $4.9 million year to date. Capital expenditures for the 2010 third quarter were $1.7 million. At September 30, 2010, the Company had cash of $41.2 million and total debt of $11.5 million. The Company noted that total shipment volume for the third quarter of 2010 remained level sequentially, while it was double the volume of the same quarter a year ago. Compared with the second quarter of 2010, volume shipped to the aerospace market increased 24%, while petrochemical volume was level, and volumes shipped to the power generation and service center plate markets were down 6% and 12%, respectively. President and CEO Dennis Oates commented: "Third quarter results were consistent with our expectation, with sales very modestly ahead of the strong second quarter. Our consolidated operating margin remained strong at 12.2% of sales, despite the rise in nickel prices. The operational improvements achieved are continuing to drive lower operating costs, higher yields and improved inventory turns.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV