First Winds Holdings (WIND) has sold its equity interests in certain projects. This arrangement entitles the investors to most of the cash flow and tax benefits until they achieve their targeted investment returns, which could take 10 years.
So new investors will have to wait some time before First Winds gets to keep this cash.
Plus, there's no guarantee that the tax benefits will remain in place. Congress must vote to extend them. Competition is heavy in the wind power business and the price for the power is high compared to natural gas. While many investors like the idea of wind power, the bottom line for this company isn't so powerful.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV