At first look ExamWorks Group (EXAM)seems to be a good deal, but Gaskins points out that at 149x annualized earnings for the nine months ended in September 2010, it's too expensive.
Plus, of the $119 million being raised, $100 million is going to repay debt. That leaves only $19 million to fund future acquisitions and for working capital. This is a problem, since most of ExamWorks' growth has come through acquisitions.
The company added 27 businesses in just 2 years from 2008 to 2010. Plus, it's internal growth rate has dropped from 17% in 2009 to 14% in 2010. While this fragmented market presents opportunities, its questionable that ExamWorks will have enough money to capitalize on that.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV