By Marc Lichtenfeld
Every year, a tiny group of investors quietly outperform the stock market by more than 20 percentage points.
They're tough, direct, no-nonsense guys -- and are arguably the best people to have fighting for everyday investors like you and me.
They're called activist investors.
So who are these guys? What do they do? And more importantly, what can they do for you?"Activists" by Name ... And by Nature An activist investor is someone who owns a stake of 5% or more in a certain company and wants to make changes. They're required to file a 13D document with the SEC, outlining the demands they're making from management. Those demands often include...
- The sale of the company or certain assets.
- Instituting a share buyback or special dividend.
- Firing the CEO or replacing members on the board of directors.
- Reining in executive compensation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV