Intuit (INTU), the longtime tax prep software provider to small businesses, continues to push into mobile for new customer growth. Mint, which allows users to manage each aspect of their finances from their smartphone, is a big part of that strategy.
Once Mint users download their bank, credit card and other account information at Mint.com (the site uses bank-level encryption), the app displays expenses in categories like restaurants, groceries, and health and fitness. While it's a little weird seeing the entirety of your household income and every cent spent in the palm of your hand, we liked going to one place to set up bill due-date alerts.
You can also set spending goals and receive notifications if you're over-budget for the month. The only functions missing on the app are the ability to display data in pie charts and custom graphs and suggestions about how to save your money, which are all offered on Mint's website.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV