Kona Grill, Inc. Reports Third Quarter Results
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Oct. 26, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kona Grill, Inc. (Nasdaq:KONA), an American grill and sushi bar, today reported results for its third quarter ended September 30, 2010.
Third Quarter 2010 Highlights Include:
- Restaurant sales increased 7.1% to $21.6 million
- Same-store sales were flat
- Restaurant operating profit margin of 12.8%
- Average weekly sales for restaurants not in the same-store sales base increased 4.3%
"Both top and bottom-line results exceeded the high end of our guidance for the quarter, reflecting stronger same-store sales than we had originally projected. We continue to see positive sales momentum into October as well, and we are confident that we can finish the year strong if current trends continue. We continue to be excited by the positive response to our various marketing and menu improvement efforts and believe that these investments will go a long way in building the foundation for the long-term success of Kona Grill," said Marc Buehler, Chief Executive Officer of Kona Grill.Third Quarter 2010 Financial Results Restaurant sales increased 7.1% to $21.6 million from $20.2 million during the same quarter last year. The increase in restaurant sales during the third quarter reflects additional revenue from two restaurants opened since August 2009. Same-store sales were flat during the third quarter of 2010 compared to a decrease of 9.9% in the prior year period. Average weekly sales for the 20 restaurants in the comparable base were $71,664 during the third quarter of 2010, compared to $71,690 in the prior year period. Average weekly sales for restaurants not in the comparable base were $58,542 during the third quarter of 2010 versus $56,138 last year. Net loss for the third quarter of 2010 was $0.4 million, or $0.05 per share compared to a net loss of $1.0 million, or $0.11 per share, for the same period last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV