As the story goes, Buffett read the book so many times that when he finally enrolled in Graham's course, he could quote the text from memory. He received his degree in 1951. Columbia, still the educational epicenter of value investing, offers an MBA with a focus on the methodology.
Buffett, who turned 80 this year, announced this week that 39-year-old hedge fund manager Todd Combs will eventually manage the investment portfolio at Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A), the holding company he built and has run for decades. Combs also attended Columbia Business School.
In the Columbia Business School newsletter Graham and Doddsville, aspiring Buffetts write-up their stock ideas. Here is a look at two pitches in the fall edition.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV