By Jon C. Ogg, 24/7 Wall St.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Mergers and acquisitions are still coming in the world of technology and communications. Many deals have been announced in technology that are around the Ciscoization of the data center and around cloud computing and software.
Here are four technology and communications companies that are potential M&A targets. Let's see how they compare to the
Technology Select Sector SPDR
(XLK) ETF, which has been on fire rising from under $21 at the end of August to above $24 currently. The index ETF recently hit a 52-week high that is now technically a two-year high.
Brocade Communications (BRCD) rose as an M&A potential target in late summer and shares have held their own despite the thought that many feel a merger here would have to come at too high of a premium for a buyer.
This was one of our picks for
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV