Acme Packet And Glowpoint Address Barriers To Business-to-Business Telepresence And Video Conferencing
Glowpoint, Inc. (OTCBB: GLOW), a provider of cloud-based managed services for telepresence, video conferencing and collaboration, and Acme Packet® (NASDAQ: APKT), the leader in session border control solutions, today announced an on-demand video conferencing solution that leverages Acme Packet’s Net-Net Session Director (SD) session border controller (SBC), which will be deployed in Glowpoint’s Open Video platform for business-to-business (B2B) video communications.
Glowpoint’s Open Video, the next generation of Telepresence interExchange Network (TEN) and hosted cloud-based infrastructure, will be commercially available in early 2011 and will offer telepresence, video and unified communications users a seamless way to meet and communicate across a broad range of systems, on differing carrier networks, without compromising security policies. Combined with its managed service offerings, Glowpoint’s Open Video platform will offer options for seamless point-to-point video dialing, ad-hoc (reservation-less) multi-point conferences for mixed SIP and H.323 environments and fully managed conferences and video devices.
Acme Packet’s Net-Net SD will be a core component in Glowpoint Open Video’s cloud-based infrastructure, initially offering two distinct benefits:
- Flexibility – With the Net-Net SD, Glowpoint can offer on-demand video conferencing based on SIP-SIP, SIP arbitrage, H.323-H.323 or SIP-H.323 interworked signaling. The Net-Net SD also resolves any signaling inconsistencies between endpoints, enhancing Glowpoint’s ability to accommodate disparate video conferencing endpoints with a centralized provisioning model that reduces costs by eliminating the need for Glowpoint to customize individual customer endpoints.
- Security – Acme Packet’s Net-SAFE creates clearly defined security borders, offering a comprehensive mix of security functions including: Layer 2-7 Denial of Service (DoS) attack detection and prevention; topology hiding; VPN separation and interworking; and dynamic access control lists (ACLs). The Net-Net SD also prevents fraudulent use or theft of Glowpoint’s services.
“Interactive video is the primary driver for IP communications and is poised for dramatic growth,” said Zeus Kerravala, Senior Vice President and Distinguished Research Fellow, Yankee Group. “Glowpoint's use of Acme Packet SBCs to enable their on-demand video conferencing offering is a leading example of the next generation all-IP service we’ll see delivered as the industry finally moves beyond voice-only communications.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV