Nidec Announces Financial Results For Fiscal Six Months Ended September 30, 2010
KYOTO, Japan, Oct. 26, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nidec Corporation (NYSE:NJ) today announced its consolidated results under U.S.GAAP for the fiscal six months ended September 30, 2010.
The highlights are as follows:
- Record six-month operating income of 51.5bn yen.
- Financial base for mid-term growth bolstered by a 100bn Euro Yen CB issue.
- Full-year sales guidance revised upward, reflecting the acquisition of Emerson's Motors & Controls business.
- Diluted EPS for the six months ended September 30, 2010: 193.22 yen
|Selected Consolidated Results of Operations|
|Yen in millions (except for per share amounts)|
|Six months ended||Increase||Three months ended||Increase|
|September 30,||(Decrease)||September 30,||(Decrease)|
|Ratio of operating income to net sales||15.1%||10.5%||--||14.4%||12.4%||--|
|Income from continuing operations before income taxes||41,293||22,474||83.7%||20,321||13,724||48.1%|
|Ratio of income from continuing operations before income taxes to net sales||12.1%||8.4%||--||12.0%||9.4%||--|
|Net income attributable to Nidec Corporation||27,014||13,788||95.9%||13,231||7,969||66.0%|
|Ratio of net income attributable to Nidec Corporation to net sales||7.9%||5.1%||--||7.8%||5.5%||--|
|Net income attributable to shareholders per share-basic||193.94||98.99||--||95.00||57.21||--|
|Net income attributable to shareholders per share-diluted||193.22||--||--||94.29||--||--|
Full copy of the financial statements for Nidec's fiscal six months ended September 30, 2010: http://www.nidec.co.jp/english/ir/lib/indexdata2/2011/Q2_3.pdfA conference call webcast (audio-only, user-control slides attached) discussing Nidec's financial results for the fiscal six months ended September 30, 2010 is scheduled for 09:00 a.m. EDT on Wednesday, October 27, 2010. To listen to the webcast, please visit Nidec website at: http://www.nidec.co.jp/english/ir/information/FY10Q2
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV