Luxottica Group CEO Discusses Q3 2010 Results Â¿¿ Earnings Call Transcript
During the course of today's call, certain projection or other forward-looking statement may be made regarding Luxottica Group's future financial performance or future events. We wish to caution you that such projection or statement are based upon current information and expectation, and actual results may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements. You can read more about such forward-looking statements on page two of the slide presentation.
We also refer you to our filings with the SEC and Italian securities authorities. These filings contain additional information concerning factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in management projection or forward-looking statements.
We will begin with our CEO, Andrea Guerra.
Andrea GuerraWelcome to our third quarter review conference. Obviously, I am and we are all in Luxottica very pleased with our results. There are a number of reasons why we are pleased. I think the first being one of the main reasons why we live and we are in this market, and it is our brand portfolio, a portfolio which has demonstrated to be effective in very different market conditions. I am so happy to say that we are back with a solid double-digit high teens growth in our premium and luxury segment and not only what we shipped, but we also have an excellent order portfolio in our hands. The sun season has been good and long. And, obviously, Ray-Ban and Oakley were ahead of the pack. The second growth factor of which we are particularly pleased is our ability to grow in Europe and North America. In Europe, our growth rate has been 12%. In US, in dollars, our growth of our all our businesses have been plus 8%. So it means that in all developed markets of the world, we were able to grow and to have a solid growth rate.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV