American Idol Season 9 Winner Lee DeWyze Talks With The Cheesecake Factory's "Share Your Voice" Winner, De'Angelo Watson. (Photo: Business Wire)
This summer, America’s favorite restaurant, The Cheesecake Factory, kicked-off its multi-layered “Share Your Voice” campaign to promote awareness for Feeding America’s Hunger Action Month. As part of the campaign singers were encouraged to submit their best performance of the uplifting song “Lean on Me” online or at many of the American Idol Live concert tour stops across the United States.
After more than 1,000 submissions and nearly 43,000 votes, America selected Sacramento, Calif. resident De’Angelo Watson as the grand prize winner. Of the four contest finalists Watson’s performance received the most votes with 18,132, and he won an all-expenses paid trip to Los Angeles where he met American Idol Season 9 Winner and Hunger Action Month Spokesperson Lee DeWyze at The Cheesecake Factory in Hollywood.
“We were so impressed with the amount of talent in these submissions. It was difficult to narrow down the entries to four finalists and we appreciate America helping us to select our ultimate Idol-oke grand prize winner,” said The Cheesecake Factory Founder David Overton. “We extend our congratulations to De’Angelo Watson and thank him for sharing his voice with America.”
Watson previously entered “Sacramento Idol” which was a local American Idol-style competition. He placed in the top three finalists and won a backstage pass to the American Idol Live concert in Sacramento this summer. After some encouragement from his family, he recorded the “Share Your Voice” winning performance on The Cheesecake Factory’s Idol-oke stage while at the concert. Watson is an aspiring singer and songwriter who plans to follow his dream of a career in music by pursuing a degree in music engineering.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV