The story of the day was the
Treasury's five-year TIP sale. I'm as shocked as Cosmo Kramer on this but shouldn't be since TIP yields were heading in this direction.
Who would buy a bond with a negative yield? What's the message for investors? Hyperinflation and soon!
If it goes that way the government will have to reconfigure the CPI to ex everything we do except the cost of government.
Elsewhere there was news existing home sales were higher--big whoops!
Markets rallied higher early mostly on the same old theme: a weak dollar is a good thing since not much was accomplished at the G-20. The USA is rapidly becoming the world's laughing stock.
Volume was once again light while breadth positive.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV