Are TIPs a Gip?: Dave's Daily
The story of the day was the Treasury's five-year TIP sale. I'm as shocked as Cosmo Kramer on this but shouldn't be since TIP yields were heading in this direction.
Who would buy a bond with a negative yield? What's the message for investors? Hyperinflation and soon!
If it goes that way the government will have to reconfigure the CPI to ex everything we do except the cost of government.
Elsewhere there was news existing home sales were higher--big whoops!
Markets rallied higher early mostly on the same old theme: a weak dollar is a good thing since not much was accomplished at the G-20. The USA is rapidly becoming the world's laughing stock.
Volume was once again light while breadth positive.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV