Ford will report earnings Tuesday morning at 7 a.m. ET. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters are looking for 38 cents a share, up 46% from the same period a year earlier but down from 61 cents in the second quarter. CFO Lewis Booth has said repeatedly that profit growth will slow, partially because of
The market has been pushing shares up steadily since they hit $1.01 in November 2008. The gain was 335% in 2009. This year, it is 38%. Still, Ford shares have a long way to go to get back to the levels they hit in 2001, when they traded between $14.70 and $31.42. In mid-afternoon trading Monday, shares were up 14 cents to $14.09.
A steady stream of analysts has been looking fondly at Ford. Early this month, Adam Jones of Morgan Stanley
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV