Top 10 States With Extreme Poverty
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- There is poverty, and then there is extreme poverty. People talk about the "New Normal," where the economy is growing at a lower rate, the stock market is barely changing, etc.
Even if we assume that the U.S. GDP per capita grows at a respectable 2% per year, it would take more than 35 years to double the incomes of U.S. households. Even in this scenario, where the incomes of every single person in this country doubles, there will still be widespread poverty in all corners of this country.
Currently, 19 million Americans live in extreme poverty. Previously, we published the list of the
Wyoming has the lowest extreme poverty rate in America, followed by New Hampshire and Alaska. * D.C. is not a state but considering that it is more crowded than Wyoming, we can statistically consider it as a state.
This article was originally published at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV