Clean Edge and Nasdaq's three benchmark clean-tech stock indexes experienced mixed movement last week with the Nasdaq Clean Edge Green Energy Index (CELS) down 2.24 percent, the Nasdaq OMX Clean Edge Global Wind Energy Index (QWND) falling 1.54 percent, and the Nasdaq OMX Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure Index (QGRD) 0.09 percent higher from the previous week.
The overall market was slightly higher. The S&P 500 gained 1.54 percent and Nasdaq grew 3.23 percent, while AMEX Oil saw a 0.64 percent gain from the previous week.
CELS -- down 2.24 percent for the week and 1.65 percent higher than a year ago -- tracks U.S.-listed clean-energy companies and is divided into four categories: advanced materials; energy intelligence; energy storage and conversion; and renewable electricity generation and renewable fuels.
Of the 51 total component securities, 21 experienced gains, 29 experienced losses, and one remained unchanged for the week.CELS' best performer for the week was power converter technology developer Vicor Corporation (VICR), gaining 17.07 percent. Rounding out the top five CELS performers were electronic materials provider Rubicon Technology (RBCN), up 13.76 percent; biomaterial developer Metabolix (MBLX), higher by 7.92 percent; renewable energy project integrator SatCon Technology (SATC), up 4.09 percent; and power management device maker Power-One
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV