(Netflix poll updated with new all-time high)
Glecher & Co. analyst Brian Marshall told CNBC that an Apple/Netflix deal makes sense. "You know, Apple wants to be the first company to seamlessly integrate the home office and the living room," Marshall said during the Fast Money segment. "What's limiting them now is basically content and better broadband into the home. In terms of content, they have over 10,000 titles on iTunes. Netflix has over 100,000 titles. That would be a pretty interesting marriage right there."
Shares hit a high of $179.56 in midday trading, before falling back slightly, to close up 6.5% to $177.62.This is the second time over the past week Netflix reached a new high. Last week the company hit $174.94 after reporting third-quarter earnings. But can the Internet movie rental company continue on this run, or will shares fall back? Netflix shares keep rallying even as third-quarter profit missed expectations. During the quarter, Netflix earned 70 cents a share, one cent shy of analysts' forecast. Still, investors were wooed by the company's ability to grow its subscriber base by record numbers. Netflix gained 1.9 million new customers in the third quarter, a 90% surge from a little over 1 million new users in the second quarter. This marked the fourth consecutive quarter of more than 1 million new subscribers. The boost in users was driven by the launch of the Canadian streaming service in September, as well as new distribution platforms like Apple's (AAPL) iPad and TV, along with Internet-enabled televisions and Blu-ray players.
3 Stocks I Saw On TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV