Announced on Oct. 18, the deal then valued AGA Medical shares at $20.80 each in a combination of cash and stock. St. Joe commenced the tender offer for AGA Medical's shares on Wednesday.AGA Medical shares were down slightly for the year before St. Joe's offer came in, trading at just $14.71 ahead of the announcement. The Plymouth, Minn.-based maker of heart defect products is slated to report its third-quarter results on Nov. 8 with Wall Street forecasting earnings of 11 cents a share on revenue of $54.6 million. St. Joe is aiming to complete the acquisition of AGA Medical by the end of the year, and it's expecting revenue growth in the low single digits from the franchise in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV